Custom Search

Friday, August 5, 2011

Custom Ventriloquist Dummy









I have started on a Custom Uncle Joe Ventriloquist Figure, and have decided to post the steps along the way.

Stage one is preparing the cast head. First the eyes, jaw, and back of the head are cut out. Then I cut off the eyebrows, and fitted them with brass rods.
Next, I sanded the area around the eyebrows and drilled holes for the brass rods. Then I fit the eyebrows on the head and checked the movement up and down.

The eyebrows were removed and the cast head was patched and sanded where the eyebrows were, and the eyes were reshaped and finished using Magic Sculpt.

The jaw piece was then sculpted to create a realistic mouth with tongue and teeth, and an eyescrew was placed in the back of the jaw for the spring to attach too.
Next I will use Magic Sculpt to close in the gaps around the sides of the mouth, and under the chin. Stay Tuned. MontanaDan

No comments:

Post a Comment