Custom Search

Friday, August 26, 2011

Ventriloquist Dummy "Part Nine"

All in all, it has taken me about 60-70 hours so far to get these two dummys built. Mind you that those hours are spread out over several weeks, and months. I work on them some everyday. Some days two or three hours, other days six or seven hours. I all depends on what I can do each day. Waiting between coats of paint, and for Magic Sculpt to set up, causes some delays, but I stay pretty busy most of the time just tinkering around and coming up with ideas. Each part is usually made by hand, measured, cut and fabricated. I use brass tubing, brass rods, steel springs, pulleys, cord, wire, wood dowls, plastic tubing, magic sculpt, acrylic paints, glue, and various other items to bring these little guys to life.

I cast my own heads with Easy Flo 120, from a Silicone Mold which I make from my original clay sculptures. I can't even begin to tell you how many hours I have spent on the sculptures, but that is half the fun. I make alot of my own parts, but I also purchase dummy building parts from Puppets and Props, and from Braylu Creations. It is time consuming and costly for all the materials and parts needed to create a Professional Ventriloquist Dummy. All I can say is that it is a Great Hobby, and one that I really enjoy. MontanaDan


2 comments:

  1. Your doing great!! How did your winkers work out? Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They worked out Great Mike, Nice and smooth. I did not have enough room inside the head to use the eyetray and brackets, but I figured out another way to make them work just fine. Thanks for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete