Custom Search

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Ventriloquist Dummy "Part Eight"

Today I installed the Headsticks, and finished all the controls on both of my projects. I installed the back of the head trap door to the standard figure. I still need to apply a final coat of paint and some details to the finished heads. The next thing to complete are the bodies. Those won't take to long, and I should have a couple of finished Ventriloquist Figures ready to go. The Custom Dummy is a special order, but the other little guy will be up for sale on eBay very soon.

Now lets see, Right Brow connected to the right spring, Left Brow connected to the left spring, both brows connected to the center spring, time to attach the cords. Sounds like a song to me. Connecting all the parts to the cords, alligning everything up, this one over that pulley, those two tied together, wires, pulleys, controls bars, springs, levers, tubes, I need a map! It is alot of work and time consuming, but the rewards are Great! I've finished the standard dummy head, and I have just about finished up the Custom Ventriloquist Dummy Character. I have re-done the eyebrows on this Custom head to give him a more concerned look like the original Uncle Joe, and re-did some painting. So far I am way ahead of schedule on both of these little guys. Tell next time. Montanadan


No comments:

Post a Comment